Dear Leap Community,
We miss you all so very much and are looking forward to the day we can be together again! We have definitely learned a lot about technology and are so glad it has enabled us to stay connected with most of you virtually.
“We will either find a way or make one.”-Hannibal (247-182 BC), Carthaginian General
The above quote resonates with us because we truly feel we have been building new roads as we navigate our way through these unprecedented times. We have adapted each day to new challenges and opportunities. We will continue to make our way through this in collaboration with you all.
Our hope was to reopen with Phase 2, however, yoga studios have been included in with “Big Box Gyms” who are in phase 3. We joined a coalition of local studios and fitness facilities and approached our local government officials in an effort to make our case that we are different and able to maintain social distancing with a few procedural changes, however, it looks like we are going to have to go to the state level with this request. While some studios opened with a limited number of students in each class, the state announced on May 21st that they would have to close. We feel it is most important to be on the side of caution following the guidance of our local and state officials to ensure the safety of the Leap Community.
In the meantime, we are “freshening up the studio” and working behind the scenes to make sure your yoga studio is beautiful and sanitized when you walk back through the doors. We are following updates closely and developing a plan so that when it is safe to reopen we will be positioned to deliver you the yoga you love in a safe and welcoming environment.
Our immediate plan is to continue to offer a variety of virtual live and recorded classes/workshops to keep you connected to your practice and to your Leap teachers. We are still fine-tuning things based on the changing landscape but here are some of the procedures/policies we plan to implement allowing us to maintain the health and safety of this community:
- IF YOU ARE SICK: First, if you, or an immediate family member is sick, running a fever, showing signs of COVID-19 or other illness please do NOT come to the studio. If you have traveled on an airplane within two weeks, you may be asked to practice from home. We are asking the same of our staff
- CHECK-IN SYSTEM: We will require students to register for classes online (as you have been doing for our virtual classes). We will be installing a sneeze guard at the front desk for added protection and will have a new check-in procedure that requires students to enter and exit the studio in a strategic manner, avoiding large groups of people from gathering.
- EFFICIENCY: Staff members will be available at each class to support the check in process to get you on your mat safely.
- FACE MASKS: Our front desk/check in staff will be wearing face masks. Depending on what the next phase presents, we will know if face masks need to be worn during practice. We are still assessing this with our priority ensuring we are maintaining the highest level of safety for everyone.
- CLEAN HANDS: We will have hand sanitizer stations in many different locations in the studio with a requirement you sanitize hands when you come in and again when you leave your mat.
- RESTROOMS/SHOWERS: We ask that you use our restrooms on a limited basis. As before we will provide hand sanitizer, soap and paper towels in our restrooms. Showers will be closed temporarily.
- MATS & PROPS: There will be no rentals or shared props at this time. We will send out information on how you can purchase your yoga gear at a discounted rate so you are ready to practice. We will have new and used mats, yogitoes, sweat towels, blocks, straps, bolsters and blankets for sale.
- 6 FEET DISTANCE: We have Leap stickers on the floor that you will place at the top center of your mat so you will maintain at least 6 feet distance from each other.
- EXIT FLOW: We will ask that you get to your mat quickly and when class finishes exit through the side doors closest to Ganesha…maintaining 6 feet distancing.
- BETWEEN CLASS TIMES: Upon reopening we will allow ample time between classes to maintain our exceptional cleaning procedures that we implemented pre-Covid.
- LATE CANCELLATION FEES: There will be a no show and late cancellation policy due to the limited class sizes.
- CASHLESS: We will become a cashless studio during this time to prevent the handling of money with our staff. Credit cards and debit cards only. We highly recommend you put your card on file now. Please email (email@example.com) if you want to discuss putting your card on file or adding a credit to your account to make purchases without cash in studio.
- ONLINE CLASSES: We plan to continue indefinitely with online classes in conjunction with the opening of the studio. You will have more opportunities to practice and stay well more than ever before Covid-19 (a silver lining).
Thank you for your patience through this process. We will update you as soon as we know more. Watch all communication outlets (email, Leap website, Instagram & Facebook) to stay in the know, as things change so quickly.
In the meantime, we hope you and your loved ones are healthy and happy! We want to hear from you. Outside of what is listed above, what else would make you feel safe and comfortable to practice at Leap? How many of you want to continue to practice from home for a while? We have put together a 3 minute survey to get your feedback.
Click the button below to complete the survey:
Again, we thank you for your commitment to the Leap community and adaptability to staying connected through our virtual classes. It is because of you all that we can come out the other side of this as a thriving, loving community. We are committed to offering rich experiences and opportunities to nourish your mind, body, and spirit through yoga. We will Leap into the future together!
Stacy, Cindi, Michēal, Butch and Marco