Everybody has a first class!
Expect to sweat, move and have fun. Here are some tips on what to be ready for when you walk in the door.
Yoga Flow 101
WHERE TO BEGIN
You can begin by attending any yoga class that doesn’t specifically indicate it is for advanced practice. The first step is to simply let go of any resistance and come try it out. You can contact us before hand to discuss the classes and we recommend that you introduce yourself to our supportive and loving teachers when you arrive. Simply come; curious, confused, skeptical or ambitious…it’s all ok. Be light, have fun and smile- that’s where to begin!
- Hydrate well before class. (WE SELL COCONUT WATER)
- It’s best to practice with a well nourished body and an empty stomach, so eat two or MORE hours before CLASS.
- Wear clothes that are comfortable to move and sweat in. MOST OF Our classes are hot and humid.
- Avoid wearing perfumes/strong deodorants to class
- We provide cubbies inside the yoga studio so you can keep your personal belongings within sight while you practice.
- Arrive at least fifteen minutes early to your first class.
- When you enter the studio to practice, align your mat with the TAPED spots on the floor.
- Please silence all cell phones when you store them.
- Mention any pre-existing injury or medical condition to the instructor and assistants at the beginning of class.
- Grab a “touch me not” or “touch me light” coin. We have assistants to help out and they will be touching you to help your practice.
- Continue to hydrate after class
- Place your blocks against the wall
- Towels or rental mats go in the hampers outside of the practice room.
- We provide full shower facilities for those who want to freshen up before heading out after their practice.
- Continue to hydrate after class and nourish yourself with good food (Another coconut water works great!).
- Enjoy our vibrant community! You can stay and chat with other yogis or ask the teachers questions.
- The yoga buzz might have you energized and eager to tackle your day, be sure to check for all your belongings before leaving.